Blessed are the Peacemakers

Do you know that one of the most powerful ways you can fight for your relationships is to be a peacemaker? Think about a campfire. It can only continue burning and raging as long as someone is throwing logs on it. But as soon as you stop fueling the fire, eventually it will go out. Maybe you feel like you have a fire in your home today or in your relationships; a fire of strife and confusion. I believe that if you ask God to help you be a peacemaker, if you choose to stop throwing logs on the fire, He will supernaturally extinguish that fire.

The other day, I decided to be a peacemaker. I called someone to let them know about a decision I've made. But as I was explaining what happened, the reason I called and why I respected them enough to let them know what was going on, the person on the other side of the phone took things to another realm and felt the superior need to tell me what to do, how to do it and what I should understand about it.

As this person continued the conversation, ignoring every attempt on my part to even agree or acknowledge that I understood completely, but that was not the reason for my call, I decided to be quiet and finish the call reiterating the reason why I called and thanking them for their time.

As I stood in shock after I hung up, I realized how easy it is to come to a conclusion without knowing the situation fully. I knew I could have said 'a thing or two' and give them a 'piece of my mind', but I respected God enough not to do that to that person.

How easy it is to speak without listening to the other side. Or how easy it is to take sides! or how easy to be ready to give answers when someone didn't even make any questions!

Two visions. When two people disagree, it's because they have two different visions over something. And I know that you aren't going to agree with everyone all the time, but if you stay focused on your differences, eventually there is going to be division. However, if you change your focus and look for the common ground of peace, you can bring harmony into your relationships again.

Remember, the Bible tells us that blessed are the peacemakers. When we dwell together in unity, we honor God and open the door for His hand of blessing in every area of our lives!



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Twitpic

As melhores frases do Twitter (na minha opinião...)

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP